We are delighted to announce that we are once again running our poster competition to highlight Safer Internet Day. The theme for this year’s event is “Together for a better Internet” and so we’re inviting pupils across the South East to put their heads together to come up with posters which raise awareness of the importance of Internet safety – and possibly win a shiny new Chromebook or digital camera for the school.
The poster competition is open to pupils from ages 4 – 11 and the deadline for entries is 28th February. The entries can be drawn, painted, collaged or even designed on a computer. The judges will be looking for creative and interesting designs which effectively deliver the key messages of Safer Internet Day.
In previous years, we’ve had dozens of entries from schools right across the South East and we’re looking forward to looking at all the posters again this year. If you need a bit of a nudge to get you started, the UK Safer Internet Centre has a fantastic page of resources about Safer Internet Day including education packs, tips for parents and carers as well as children and the opportunity to register as a supporter and put your school on the map.
Entries should be sent via the school. Please send your creations to email@example.com, give to a JSPC Technician or post to JSPC Computer Services, Units 1-3 Seadown Parade, Bowness Avenue, Sompting, West Sussex, BN15 9TP by 28th February 2019.
Prizes for Schools
1st Prize – Chromebook
2nd Prize – Digital Camera
3rd Prize – Digital Camera
PLUS, all winning entries and a selection of our favourites will be shared far and wide online and via social media to spread the word about staying safe on the internet.
Terms and Conditions
1) There are 3 prizes available for the JSPC Internet Safety Day Poster Competition. All of these prizes will be presented to the school attended by the winning pupil.
a) First Prize is a Chromebook
b) Second Prize is a digital camera
c) Third Prize is a digital camera
2) The competition is open to any school in Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire for pupils aged between 4 and 11 years. Schools are not required to be JSPC customers.
3) Only one entry per pupil is permitted.
4) Entries will appear on the JSPC website and the JSPC Facebook Page and Twitter. The school will be listed but names of pupils will be withheld – unless the child would like to be named.
5) The school and pupil agree that their poster will be reproduced to be distributed in JSPC’s monthly e-newsletter and that the name of the school will be listed.
6) All prizes will be presented by a member of JSPC Computer Services on a date to be confirmed.
7) Prizes are non transferrable, non refundable and cannot be exchanged.
8) Entries must be submitted by 5pm on 28th February 2019.